The South African Pole Sports Federation are excited to announce that Pole Unity is back this year!
Especially set up to develop and uphold the standards within the pole fitness industry, the SAPSF have made it their mission to maintain the integrity of all pole fitness studios. And that mission is being fulfilled every day. Men and women are enjoying the fitness benefits of this sport and art daily and as they increase body tone and muscle definition; improve flexibility, coordination and confidence; boost weight loss; increase their fitness levels; and explore a new sense of strength and dynamism in their bodies, it is becoming clear that pole fitness really is a total body workout, like no other.
So, it's with great pleasure that the SAPSF and their team announce their upcoming event. Using the showcasing of pole fitness to raise money, Pole Unity promises to demonstrate the fun side of pole fitness and to introduce newcomers to what has become the most exciting, dynamic, challenging and effective form of exercise this country has ever seen. This year funds raised will go towards the development of the SA Pole Sports Federation for Judge's certifications, international federation membership and towards athlete funding for athletes who will compete overseas at the World Pole Sports Championships.
All studios are invited to take part in this fun event. Pole Unity invites solo, duet and group performances from all studios in SA and Africa. Pole Unity is a fundraising showcase, not a competition.
Entry forms are now closed, thank you!
Date | 31 August 2020
Time | Show starts at 17h15
Rivonia Crossing Number 2, 3 Achter Road, Sandton (previously Movida)
Please purchase at the door from 16h30. Online payments have now closed.
Pensioners and Children
Children under 16 years and pensioners over 65 – R100 per person
Date for 2020 to be confirmed
Venue for 2020 to be confirmed
This year we are opening the showcase to solo, duet and group collaborations, as well as Aerial Hoop and Silks performances. There are limited performance slots available, served on first come first serve basis.
The groups can be made up of students or instructors or a combination of both. Please state the level of the group / performer when entering.
Pole Unity is a display of pole fitness, it is also a charity fundraising event. Because of this, each studio's presentation must represent and uphold a clean, respectful and positive image of pole fitness. If SAPSF or their helpers observe any inappropriate behaviour / costume / choreography at any time before or during Pole Unity, the studio and performers in question will not be able to perform at the show or at future events.
Each group can perform for up to 3min 30sec.
Children must be over the age of 6 years to perform at Pole Unity. Parental consent must be provided for each child under the age of 18. The ID of the parent or legal guardian is to be provided upon entry.
Aerial Hoops & Silks
We are currently offering the following Aerial Hoops, sponsored by Sultry Studios.
- Small hoop: 80cm inside diameter, 25mm Single Tab
- Medium hoop: 92cm inside diameter, 25mm Single Tab
- Large hoop: 100cm inside diameter, 25mm Double Tabe
Thank you to Aerial Fitness Factory for supplying our Aerial Silk for the show.
Please send all performer donations upon entry by EFT of R150 per performer.
Proof of payment to be submitted along with entry. Any entry received with no payment can unfortunately not be processed.
Name: SA Pole Sports Federation
Bank: First National Bank (FNB)
Account Number: 62444142351
Branch Code: 256755
Reference: Your name or group name
Donations given by the studio / performers will still go to the SAPSF and will not be refunded.
Poles for the event are as follows. Four poles will be on stage, powder coated 42mm, height = 2.8m. These poles are fixed between the floor and the ceiling. Thank you to Fresh Concepts for supplying our poles.
Pole configuration options will only be as follows:
- All static
- All spinning
- Front spinning & back static
You can contact us if you would like to discuss bringing your own equipment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 072 607 8058.
There are two rigging points, spaced 3m apart, 4.2m high.
Rules & Regulations
Performers must agree to adhere to uphold the standards and objectives of the SAPSF at all times. Please take note of the Pole Unity rules relating to behaviour, performance, costumes and general conduct.
- Performers may go barefoot, in sports shoes, trainers / sneakers, or other similar style sport shoes
- Boots, high heels, wedge heels or platform shoes may NOT be worn
- The SAPSF defines suitable performance attire as a minimum of shorts and crop top or sports top, leotard or similar item
- Prohibited attire includes: lingerie style outfits, PVC, see-through clothing or ill-fitting clothing that may expose the breasts, buttocks or groin. Wearing prohibited clothing will result in not being able to perform at the event
- Male performers may perform topless
Behaviour and Conduct
- No consumption of alcohol at any time before or during the event
- Illicit or performance-enhancing drugs are strictly prohibited at any time
- No nudity, no stripping and no inappropriate behaviour
- Performers will not use inappropriate, derogatory or obscene language
- Performers will be punctual
- Performers will treat each other fairly and respectfully at all times
- Performers will not jeopardize the chances of other performers in any way
Solo entry, duet entry and group entries are closed for 2019, thank you! Please keep an eye on this page or our social media pages for further announcements.